Another dessert this week! What’s going on? Well, today, I’m super excited to share my newest contribution. I created this Cardamom Plum Trifle for Style Me Pretty Living – the beautiful lifestyle blog. I’m so excited to be working with this amazing group. I love their content and their aesthetic and living spin-off is perfect for daily inspiration.
This recipe is super easy to make – you can use store bought ingredients or if you have a little extra time, go ahead and make the cake and pudding from scratch. Served in single serve portions, this makes a perfect holiday dessert. Don’t those pomegranates look like perfect little jewels? Enjoy!
- 8-10 purple plums
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 pods of cardamom
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite vanilla pudding or custard.
- 2 cups of cubed yellow cake. (I used leftover cake I had in the freezer. You can use store bought loaf cake.)
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup of crushed pistachios
- 8 whole pistachios, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- Cut plums into quarters and add to small saucepan. Add sugar, cardamom pods and a splash of water. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and let simmer until plums are soft and break apart. Take off heat, let cool and remove cardamom pods.
- Fill 8 glasses with 1/4 cup of vanilla custard/pudding. Top each one with a couple of cubes of cake, distributing nicely so cake pieces are seen around the glass.
- Once plums are cooled, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of plums on top of pudding and cake.
- Sprinkle each glass with 2 teaspoons of crushed pistachios.
- Whip your cream with the sugar. You can do this with a mixer, but whipping by hand will give you nicer whipped cream.
- Gently top each glass with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and one pistachio nut.
- Serve immediately!