Here in Canada we have long, cold and dreary winters. I’m not a winter person, so summer can’t come fast enough. Once the temperature heats up a bit I love to invite people over for outdoor BBQ’s, dinner on the lawn or just a casual picnic. The season is so short, I think we need to take advantage of it as much as we can – despite fighting bugs and at times humid temperatures.
The other week we hosted a backyard birthday party and I decided to fancy it up a little with some matching rental chairs and a white table cloth. Little touches had a big impact and all of us had a great time. Instead of creating a picture heavy post, I decided to gather our summer fête in a book, including the 10 recipes we made, some outdoor party tips, planning tools and DIY ideas. I also asked a couple of my blogging friends to contribute some outdoor party wisdom. This serves as a great memory for me, but I hope it serves you as a little guide – some inspiration to host your own party. Have a look and let me know how you enjoy your summer parties!
Summer Fete by Giulia Doyle (click here to view book)
*if you see issues with the preview window, click on the link above to view the book (this also applies to views on an iPad).
- Aran Goyoaga – Cannelle et Vanille
- Ashley Rodriguez – Not without Salt
- Emma Reddington – The Marion House Book
- Erin Loechner – Clementine Daily and DFM
- Heidi Larrson – FoodieCrush
- Jaquelyn Clark – Lark and Linen
- Jennifer Flores – Rambling Renovators
- Joanna Goddard – Cup of Jo
- Paul Lowe – Sweet Paul
- Sandra Harris – Raincoast Creative Salon
- Susan and William Brinson – House of Brinson
- Victoria McGinley – Vmac & Cheese