The sun is shining, the heat is back – perfect time to start making popsicles again! I’ve made my share of yogurt and berry pops, but this time I wanted to work on some more bold flavors, so I tried this new concoction for Style Me Pretty Living. This fresh green Jalapeño Popsicle is refreshing with a bit of zingy heat to finish it off and makes it a perfect flavor combo on a hot day. You can make these even more grown up by adding a splash of rum or tequila!
- 1.5 cups of cilantro, stems included
- 3 small peeled, seedless cucumbers
- 1/2 packed cup of mint leaves
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1-2 Jalapeño peppers, seeds removed
- 2-4 teaspoons of coconut sugar, or sweetener of your choice
- 2 cups of coconut water
- Add all ingredients in a mixer, starting with 1 jalapeño and small amount of sweetener. Mix until well blended and very liquid. Taste and adjust sweetness and heat by adding more jalapeño and/or coconut sugar. Fill Popsicle mold with liquid and freeze 4 -6 hours until solid, or according to your mold instructions.
If you are having trouble finding limes due to the shortage, try it with bottles lime juice or lemon juice. If you choose to add alcohol, don't add too much or the pops won't freeze